President of the Republic of Guinea to Visit Japan
This is the first bilateral official visit of a President of Guinea to Japan in history
1. H.E. Professor Alpha Condé, President of the Republic of Guinea will visit Japan from Monday, June 19 to Thursday, June 22, 2017. President Condé is the Chairperson of the African Union in 2017.
2. During his stay in Japan, the President will hold meetings with Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan on Tuesday, June 20 and will participate in Guinea-Japan Business Seminar, which will be hosted by the Embassy of the Republic of Guinea to Japan and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), to deliver a keynote address.
3. President Condé will make a State Call on His Majesty the Emperor of Japan.
4. This is the first bilateral official visit of a President of Guinea to Japan in history. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and hopes that this visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Republic of Guinea.
(1) This will be H.E. Professor Alpha Condé’s second visit to Japan as President.
(2) President Condé had a meeting with Prime Minister Abe on the occasion of the Fifth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD V) in 2013, TICAD VI in 2016 and G7 Taormina Summit in 2017.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.